- New Opportunities, Inc.
- Hawkeye Area Community Action Program
- Community Action of Eastern Iowa
- MATURA Action Corporation
- Mid-Iowa Community Action
- Mid-Sioux Opportunity
- North Iowa Community Action Organization
- Northeast Iowa Community Action Corporation
- Operation: New View Community Action Agency
- Operation Threshold
- IMPACT Community Action Partnership
- South Central Iowa Community Action Program
- Community Action of Southeast Iowa
- Southern Iowa Economic Development Association
- Upper Des Moines Opportunity, Inc.
- West Central Community Action
- Community Action Agency of Siouxland
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
2nd Annual Fall Fun with Creative Spirits Sioux City
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
We Are Planning An Evening of Creative Fall Fun!
Friday, September 30, 2016
Mid-Sioux Moments Newsletter - September 2016
Monday, September 12, 2016
Child Care Resource & Referral Fiscal Year 2016 Annual Report
Friday, September 9, 2016
Last year 1,905 Iowa families reduced their heating costs through weatherization programs, and 14,363 families received financial support for emergency energy assistance (Read More).
The Des Moines Register's Embrace Iowa program takes place annually and provides a benefit for up to $500 for emergency relief for households in need. Some important program points:
Applications will be considered for households at or below 200% of Federal HHS poverty guidelines.
First time applicants will be given a priority with the review process.
Applicants will be asked if they are willing to share their story with The Des Moines Register.
Documentation of need and cost estimate should be included.
Applicant information is confidential and used only for the evaluation of the application.
Application are accepted from November 5 - January 31.
Examples of non-routine emergency expenses considered:
- Medical or dental expenses
- Vehicle repairs
- Home repairs
- Child Care for those not covered under the Crisis Child Care Program
Embrace Iowa can also be utilized to provide a more stable living environment. Examples may include:
- Essential appliance or furniture
- Essential housewares
- Child Care for work/school
Routine expenditures related to maintaining a secure household will also be considered, but at a lower priority.