- New Opportunities, Inc.
- Hawkeye Area Community Action Program
- Community Action of Eastern Iowa
- MATURA Action Corporation
- Mid-Iowa Community Action
- Mid-Sioux Opportunity
- North Iowa Community Action Organization
- Northeast Iowa Community Action Corporation
- Operation: New View Community Action Agency
- Operation Threshold
- IMPACT Community Action Partnership
- South Central Iowa Community Action Program
- Community Action of Southeast Iowa
- Southern Iowa Economic Development Association
- Upper Des Moines Opportunity, Inc.
- West Central Community Action
- Community Action Agency of Siouxland
Last year 1,905 Iowa families reduced their heating costs through weatherization programs, and 14,363 families received financial support for emergency energy assistance (Read More).
Jasper County Center
115 N. 2nd Ave. E., Newton, IA 50208 Phone: 641-792-3008
Low-Income Home Energy Assistance - Aids qualifying low-income households in the payment of a portion of their residential heating costs for the winter heating season.
Food Voucher - Provides supplemental food assistance when available.
RAYS - provides financial assistance for low-income youth to be able to participate in extracurricular activities.
Emergency Crisis Intervention - Assistance for repair/replacement of furnaces. Purchases heaters, blankets, fans and air conditioners.
Emergency Utility Assistance - Assistance with utility disconnects through direct payments to vendor.
Low-Cost Weatherization - Plastic, caulking, weatherstripping to help reduce heating and cooling costs.
Utility Assistance - Utility Company customer contributions help low-income customers pay their bills
Weatherization - Workers perform energy audit and weatherize homes with insulation, caulking, inefficient appliance replacement and furnace repair and replacement
FaDSS - Referrals to family development program
Suit Yourself - Provides new or gently used suits to qualified applicants
Lifeline Phone Assistance - Assistance completing applications
Aging Resources - Applications and referrals for advocacy and financial assistance for the elderly
Embrace Iowa - Apply for Des Moines Register Christmastime program
LIS - Low income subsidy assists elderly and/or disabled individuals pay for Medicare Part D costs
JASPER COUNTY NEWS