- New Opportunities, Inc.
- Hawkeye Area Community Action Program
- Community Action of Eastern Iowa
- MATURA Action Corporation
- Mid-Iowa Community Action
- Mid-Sioux Opportunity
- Des Moines Community Action Agency
- North Iowa Community Action Organization
- Northeast Iowa Community Action Corp
- Operation: New View Community Action Agency
- Operation Threshold
- Red Rock Area Community Action Program
- South Central Iowa Community Action Program
- Community Action of Southeast Iowa
- Southern Iowa Economic Development Association
- Upper Des Moines Opportunity, Inc.
- West Central Community Action
- Community Action Agency of Siouxland
Last year 1,905 Iowa families reduced their heating costs through weatherization programs, and 14,363 families received financial support for emergency energy assistance (Read More).
Child Care Resource & Referral Staff Achievements
Monday, September 22, 2014
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
NEW hawk-i Dental Only Fact Sheet
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Friday, September 5, 2014
Mid-Sioux is Requesting Bids for a Telephone System
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Red Rock Area Community Action Program, Inc.
Helping People. Changing Lives.
COMMUNITY ACTION IS A PARTNERSHIP FOCUSING LOCAL, STATE AND NATIONAL RESOURCES ON THE PROBLEMS OF POVERTY WHILE HELPING LOW-INCOME PEOPLE DEVELOP THEIR FULL POTENTIAL AND BECOME SELF- SUFFICIENT
There are 18 Community Action Agencies in Iowa. Each is an independent, non-profit corporation or public body whose goal is to help communities focus resources on helping low-income people meet their basic human needs.
The Mission of Red Rock Area Community Action is to provide advocacy, coordination of services, access to other programs and direct services when necessary to meet the basic needs of the economically disadvantaged, elderly, victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and those who are mentally and physically challenged.
Helping People Help Themselves is accomplished by identifying the needs of low-income residents in Boone, Jasper, Marion, Rural Polk and Warren Counties and linking together a network of ‘helping hands’ to assist families and individuals attain self-sufficiency.