- New Opportunities, Inc.
- Hawkeye Area Community Action Program
- Community Action of Eastern Iowa
- MATURA Action Corporation
- Mid-Iowa Community Action
- Mid-Sioux Opportunity
- North Iowa Community Action Organization
- Northeast Iowa Community Action Corporation
- Operation: New View Community Action Agency
- Operation Threshold
- IMPACT Community Action Partnership
- South Central Iowa Community Action Program
- Community Action of Southeast Iowa
- Southern Iowa Economic Development Association
- Upper Des Moines Opportunity, Inc.
- West Central Community Action
- Community Action Agency of Siouxland
Last year 1,905 Iowa families reduced their heating costs through weatherization programs, and 14,363 families received financial support for emergency energy assistance (Read More).
Boone County Center
606 Greene, Boone, IA 50036 Phone: 515-432-5052
Housing - Safe and affordable housing for low-income families and individuals.
Low-Income Home Energy Assistance - Aids qualifying low-income households in the payment of a portion of their residential heating costs for the winter heating season.
Food Pantry - Provides food staples in emergency situations.
School Supplies - Provides school supplies for youth, grades K-12.
RAYS - provides financial assistance for low-income youth to be able to participate in extracurricular activities.
Holiday Gift Basket - Provides a meal for low-income households on the holiday.
Emergency Crisis Intervention - Assistance for repair/replacement of furnaces. Purchases heaters, blankets, fans and air conditioners.
Emergency Utility and Rent Assistance - Assistance with eviction notices and utility disconnects through direct payments to landlord/vendor.
Weatherization - Workers perform energy audit and weatherize homes with insulation, caulking, inefficient appliance replacement and furnace repair and replacement.
Utility Assistance - Utility Company customer contributions help low-income customers pay their bills
FaDSS - Referrals to family development program
Lifeline Phone Assistance - Assistance completing applications
Aging Resources - Applications and referrals for advocacy and financial assistance for the elderly
Lions Club - Referrals for free eye care and glasses
Suit Yourself - Provides new or gently used suits to qualified applicants
Embrace Iowa - Apply for Des Moines Register Christmastime program
LIS - Low income subsidy assists low income elderly and/or disabled individuals pay for Medicare Part D costs
Backpack Buddies - Assists low income youth with supplemental food
BOONE COUNTY NEWS