- New Opportunities, Inc.
- Hawkeye Area Community Action Program
- Community Action of Eastern Iowa
- MATURA Action Corporation
- Mid-Iowa Community Action
- Mid-Sioux Opportunity
- North Iowa Community Action Organization
- Northeast Iowa Community Action Corporation
- Operation: New View Community Action Agency
- Operation Threshold
- IMPACT Community Action Partnership
- South Central Iowa Community Action Program
- Community Action of Southeast Iowa
- Southern Iowa Economic Development Association
- Upper Des Moines Opportunity, Inc.
- West Central Community Action
- Community Action Agency of Siouxland
Last year 1,905 Iowa families reduced their heating costs through weatherization programs, and 14,363 families received financial support for emergency energy assistance (Read More).
NEICAC's Humpal receives Tyson Award
Mary Ann Humpal, executive director of Northeast Iowa Community Action Corporation based in Decorah, has received the highest honor presented by the Iowa Community Action Association (ICAA).
On July 15, 2009, the ICAA presented Humpal with the Robert F. Tyson Memorial award.
The award is given annually to an individual who not only carries the message of community action throughout the state but champions the many programs operated under the umbrellas of the 18 community action agencies in the state.
Robert Tyson started his service in community action in 1969 as director of the Office of Planning and Programming under Gov. Robert D. Ray and continued to serve in various positions in state government, always as an advocate and a friend of community action and the low-income families of Iowa until his death in June 1985.
The ICAA Board of Directors selected Humpal based on her "unending and relentless support of the entire community action network and the families we serve". The awards ceremony had emotional moments as many of her own staff and other agency directors reflected on the difference she has made not only to the community action network but also in their own individual successes.